City Clerk/Finance Officer
197 North Main Street
Ellijay, GA 30540
706-635-4711 ext 3
The office of the City Clerk/Finance Officer is responsible for a diverse set of internal administrative functions that encompass:
- Accurate record and minutes of all meetings of the City Council.
- Custodian of the city seal and is required to affix the seal to all official documents of the city and to attest signatures of the Mayor/City Manager.
- Maintains all contracts, ordinances, resolutions and agreements.
- Oversees the adoption and publication of the City’s Code of Ordinances.
- Accepts and reviews open records requests, in accordance with Georgia’s Open Records Act, and issuance of all requested records.
- Collects all taxes, licenses, fees and other money belonging to the city.
- Budget Administration
- Accounts Payable
- Human Resources
- Payroll Administration
- Bank Reconciliations