Join the Ellijay Downtown Development Authority in our latest effort — The North Church Street Boardwalk.
The City and the DDA have funded construction of this new “front porch” meeting place downtown. You can help finish the job with donations toward lighting, electricity, and amenities such as benches and trashcans.
Help the “Finish Ellijay’s Church Street Boardwalk” campaign reach its goal today!Your name, your family’s names, anyone you want to honor can be part of the boardwalk on engraved placques palced on boards and posts along the board walk.Find out more about the plaques and other appreciation tokens for several levels of donations by following the link below or visiting Downtown Ellijay on Facebook.
The Ellijay Downtown Development Authority meets at 4:30 pm on the second Wednesday of every month in the Better Hometown Office at City Hall.
Members of the authority are Larry Robinson, chair and design committee chair; Jeff Riblet, treasurer and economic restructuring chair; Jim Stover, promotions committee chair; Kent Sanford, organization chair; Patty Kyle; and Al Fuller.
The Vision of the Ellijay Downtown Development Authority is for Ellijay to be a vibrant destination for people of all ages to shop, dine, live, work, play and do business. The Mission of the Authority is to enhance our community identity and heritage, to foster a center of activity, and to ensure economic stability.
Downtown Development Authority Goals
Economic Restructuring –
- Build and maintain a list of available commercial properties
- Develop planning charette
- Recruit an anchor attraction
- Promote empty buildings to local realtors, possibly with open house/tour
- Create top ten business prospect list
- Review code to see if ordinances could be more business friendly
- Develop possible incentives for prospective new businesses
- Create incentives for business/property improvement
- Support responsible use of three rivers and all natural resources working with organizations such as Submerge Our Sewers , Blue Trails, Rails with Trails, etc. to responsibly develop outdoor offerings
- Development program budget/ fundraisers
- Identify needs and resources
- Develop orientation for new volunteers
- Build a new program website to include visitor information such as tours and maps, calendar, project information
- Participate in social media channels, develop visitor smart phone apps
- Build database of city business owners, operators, services, property owners
- Build database of civic organizations, government officials, agencies, volunteer groups, Hispanic leaders, senior citizen organizations, etc.
- Continue Beautification Awards Program
- Continue downtown planters, tree surrounds projects
- Develop façade and back door improvements improvement program
- Update downtown locator signs
- Quilt Trail
- Develop and install system of coordinated, branded Gateway signs
- Coordinate poster contest
- Complete list/description of existing buildings
- Work with local businesses to target local shoppers – promotion program
- Support development of Harrison Park
- Sponsor – Saturday Market, Fourth of July celebration, Scarecrow Celebration, Halloween, possible Quilt Show, Light Up Ellijay and other Christmas celebrations, St. Petrick’s Day
- Assist – Taste of Ellijay; Apple Arts on the Square; Fast & The Furriest 5K Race and 1-Mile Dog Dash Nov. 3; other community events
- Continue and improve use of downtown kiosk/ assist Chamber in keeping welcome center open
- Develop and use market position or brand
Phone: 706- 635- 4711, ext. 5, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org